The kernel of the walnut contains fiber, vitamin B6, antioxidants, calcium, iron, zinc, poly or monounsaturated and unsaturated fatty acids,carbohydrates, and amino acids providing proteins.
Wikimedia Commons by Ben Hosking
Some of the health benefits of walnuts are as follows
1. The Chinese traditionally keep a pair of walnut in the hands for blood circulation.
2. It is good for mind and memory and strengthens the muscles of the heart.
3. It is beneficial for healthy gums and teeth. The chewing of bark kills the bacteria of the mouth.
4. The antioxidants present in it, fight against cancer cells and inhibit the growth of tumor.
5. The extract of the bark of walnut kills the worms of intestines and acts as an antiseptic to help in healing of wounds.
6. The walnut also helps in digestion and is also good for diabetics.
7. The hormone released from it are good for insomnia.
8. The intake of the ash of burnt outer rind of walnut fruit mixed with 20 gm of molasses or jaggery or solid brown sugar in equal amounts is good for premature ejeculation.
9. The application of a swab of walnut oil is helpful in piles.