The nature can supplement the deficiencies and strengthen the immune system. It is well said that prevention is better than cure and the nature health at home has different remedies. The medicines generally cure one problem but like a metastasis cause other and graver side effects in the form of several incurable health hazards. It is the endeavor to enlist and research all natural resources and their benefits without any adverse effects, as these are not medicines but just edible things.
Sty is an infection occurring in eyelids at the base of
eyelashes. It is both internal and external. The former occur at the base of
the eyelashes or sweat glands on the outer side of the lids in the form of red
bumps. The latter also occur as red bumps in the internal lining of eyelids
with visible swelling.
They come out in the
form of pus but sometimes they cause great pain and come one after
another. It is caused due to the
deficiency of vitamin A and vitamin D or occurs due to constipation. Other
reasons include the blockage in oil glands at the base of eyelash, malnutrition,
eye rubbing, sleeplessness, water loss, unhygienic conditions etc.
They are painful but cause no lasting damage. When they are
ruptured by pressing, the water, the staphylococcus bacteria in it and the pus
cells spread elsewhere. They last in about 8-10 days without treatment. It
begins with a small yellow spot which becomes like a pimple.
It causes localized tenderness, swelling and pain in the eyelid leading to
droopiness and blinking problem. The symptoms include crusting of the eyelid
margins together with the burning, tearing and itching sensation like the
presence of foreign body in the eye. It follows by the mucous discharge from
the eye causing light sensitivity and irritation.
They occur in the people of all ages especially teens.
the soaked seed of date or phonemix dactylifera or chhuhara with water on stone and apply the paste on sty 2-3 times a
2. Apply the paste of clove and basil or ocimum on the affected
3. Rub the myrobalan plum or haradd with water on stone and
apply the paste on Sty for immediate relief.
4. The white sap which oozes from the snapped leaf of mango is
very effective application for Sty.
5. Prepare the paste of tamarind seed by rubbing it on stone
with water and apply on affected areas.
1. Do not squeeze or puncture the Sty, as it leads to serious infection.
2. Do not share washcloths or face towels to inhibit its
3. The application of a washcloth soaked in warm water on the
eyelids for 2-3 minutes decreases the spreading and occurrence of Sty, as it
prevents blockage and liquefies the oil glands.
4. Do not share eye cosmetics or the related tools.
5. Follow proper eye hygiene.
6. Remove eye makeup before going to bed at night.
7. Throw away the outdated eye cosmetic.
8. Take proper sleep and avoid types of stress.
9. Avoid eye makeup as the infection may spread to the cornea.
10. Clean the affected areas with soap and tap water by keeping
the eyes closed. .
11. They are treated with antibiotic ointments.
12. Properly clean the burst Sty to avoid the spreading of
Photo Credit Wikimedia
Commons by Podzemnik Image URL-http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7a/Hordeolum.JPG/800px-Hordeolum.JPG